My freedom, My choice

09.19.00



Hi.
I actually am writing this post by phone. 
I am sick of listening to things about the way I dress

People say, do not dress like that because you are not a virtuous girl. Well I am not. I am not a virtuous girl. I have bad manner, I do not say good things all the time. I am a sinner. A truly sinner.

But, hijaab is an obligation from Allah. I just do it for the sake of Him. I look for no attention. I wear it because I avoid attention tho. My sin is bigger than this earth, I bet. But I still want to worship Allah. I dress for Him.

So you have no right at all to tell me not to wear it.

I am not sad if the one who says it is non Muslim. But what makes my heart broken into pieces is that a Muslim says it. Right in front of me.

Dear people, I understand that you know about this obligation but you think I shouldn't wear hijaab like sahabiyah of Rasulullah because I am not one of them. Just a little bit fashion is ok in this modern era, do you think so?  Well, I am not one of sahabiyah. But I do this for the sake of Allah. To follow Qur'an and Sunnah. To do what Rasulullah taught us to.

Dear people, I understand that you might be thinking about me going into a takfiri firqoh or something like that. Well, I am not. Trust me. I have been taught Islam since I was a baby. I went into Madrasah Diniyah when I was an elementary schooler. I have known a lot of firqoh, and I am not one of them.

Dear people, I understand that you think I am still young. But what if I'll be dead tomorrow? If an old lady has her right to wear hijaab, why can't I? Why do you mock me for wearing it? Why don't you mock the old lady too? If death comes to me right now, all you can do is praying for me and probably crying over me. But will you accompany me in grave? Nope. It is only me and my deeds under ground.

Dear people, I understand you are afraid of me being poor. Really? Is there a particular relation between hijaab and poverty? Ok if you mention an exact example of our neighbor, well it is not fair. I can mention how many muhsinin are blessed with richness. They spend money for the sake of Allah. And about our poor neighbor, all I can say is: remember that Rasulullah said that he is never afraid of poverty. Dunya is what we should be afraid of. For its temptations are really really great.

Dear people, I understand you are afraid of me not enjoying my life because of this. But you should know, I am the happiest girl on earth. You can't force me to define my happiness like yours. My happiness is found when I worship Him.

Ok, if you want to see my life from dunya perspective.... Here it is: I am a 20 girl with a lot of friends from many circles. I am studying information system in the best university in my country. I am having a part time job at a digital agency. I was a teaching assistant, research assistant, and so on. I am a super friendly person on earth. I am fluent in English. My IQ is above 140.

Should I mention you more?
No. Because you will only find my weakness. You will be ended up saying "but you will get no job without that dress". Yeah, what if I really wanna just be a house-maker with my bachelor degree?

Dear people,
It is my right, my choice, my freedom. My hijaab is my liberation. Please please please understand. If you can not follow it, just understand that it is all my choice. If you can understand banci di jalanan, why can't you understand me?

Dear people, either you love it or not, I will not stop wearing hijaab for sure. I write this post so you can have a better perspective. That I, and other hijaabi/niqobi, have our rights to wear hijaab or even niqaab. 

Dear muslimin,May Allah firm our hearts upon the truth. I love you for the sake of Allah. May We meet in Jannaah.

You Might Also Like

0 komentar

Subscribe