Idealism

10.14.00




i·de·al·ism
īˈdē(ə)ˌlizəm/
noun
  1. 1.
    the practice of forming or pursuing ideals, especially unrealistically.
    "the idealism of youth"
  2. 2.
    PHILOSOPHY
    any of various systems of thought in which the objects of knowledge are held to be in some way dependent on the activity of mind.

I don't know why but I recently love blogging. Maybe because I'm kinda tired writing on my old diary book. Or maybe just because I'm a good procrastinator, you know, I should do my Human Resource Management case study and prepare some calculus problem sets for tomorrow's assistance class. It's ok. Just forget about this.

Starting with words that always said by my mom
"Khoirun, you are now sucha idealist person. It's okay, be what you want to be. But life will teach you that sometimes you just can not be that idealist. Life is cruel, and you know that."

Yes I know I always try to be idealist. Maybe I define idealism a lil bit ngaco, but the idealism I and my mom mean is how I try to live based on islamic shari'a, strongly.

I've been in some situations where I deny some things because my idealism. You know, a 20th person can sometimes have an affection towards someone else, right? I always create a border with "ok, dear brainless heart, u know that person is dunya oriented and u will not fall for that person" (So kalo bukan dunya oriented, u will fall gitu? Heuh, enggak laah).
Or with the job that is really related to riba, I of course deny it.

Time goes by, I see a college life in a larger point of view. Each person in college has their own idealism; whether it is based on religion, political view, economic system view, programming language view, etc. And they all are different.

This evening, some of my friends talk about how some people hate corporate things so much when they are still in college, but after graduate from college, they start working in big companies because they need money, which They hate before. The question is: where is their idealism?

I'm not going to ask them. I am going to ask my self.
Will I hold my idealism that tight? Even when situations force me not to?

 I'm just trying to minimize the possibility of those situations coming to my life. They will happen. But with His help, I can prevent it. I try, at least.

With this post on blog that I don't even know what lessons can be derived from it,
I hope my self realize that I will not let me to fall.

Right from now on:
Create a border. Prevent it.
Minimize the possibility,
And fight.

Because,
'Idealisme adalah kemewahan terakhir yang hanya dimiliki oleh pemuda.'  — Tan Malaka

You Might Also Like

0 komentar

Subscribe