What I got by quitting social media.

09.26.00

a private life, a happier life.



Been exactly a month since I quit social media. Well, this is not something new for me. I once quit social media (Twitter and FB) 6 years a go when I was in high school, for some academic purpose. I thought social media took my studying time and I didn't want to take my SHS for granted. It only lasted 6 months because I didn't know my classmates were getting together, as the gossip spread on social media. Ya gitu lah, anak muda.

Well, for this time, there was a very specific shocking moment for me, which led me to quitting social media. A part of me is glad it happened (another part is in trauma LOL) because I realize that I have been a social media addict. This must be His way to remind me.


I am pretty positive to say that I change (a lil bit), in a way that people might not notice (or yes?). 

What I got is: gaining my inner peace
And, specifically:

  • Better time management; no more wasting hours scrolling on IG
  • More productive days, with routines; Oh, how I love it! #ENFJthing
  • Kinda healthier life; no more staying awake til midnight to work, as time management gets better.
  • Responsive chat messaging!; this is the thing that my close friends say LOL.
  • More enjoying moments;
  • More sensitive to environment, in a positive way; A simple sun beam now makes me happy. 
  • Loving my self and my life even more; as I don't have to compare my life to anyone else
  • Closer to God, since I barely have people to share stories.
  • More blog posts! LOL.
  • Etc

On another side, yes there are minus things by living without social media. But, what I personally feel is: I don't know how most of my friends' life are going on

Therefore, I always try to contact them personally by Whatsapp periodically, making sure they all are okay out there. 

If you ask me what you should do to quit social media, I don't know. Because as I said before, I didn't plan it. he he.

And, will I go back to social media life?
Maybe, yes. Maybe, no. 
But for sure, I am not ready right now. It is just not a place for me anymore. Maybe.. when I have been growing more mature, I will. But of course not in a way I used it before. 





Let's just see.

You Might Also Like

0 komentar

Subscribe